For generations, music has helped people develop resilience, move forward during challenges and celebrate triumphs. This unique workshop will celebrate the rich Afro-Latino music & cultural traditions.
· Increase awareness about the Afro-Latino experience of inter-generational trauma
· List three traumatic experiences that undermine Afro-Latino cultural growth
· Learn three musical genres that serve to express feelings through social commentary, build community and dance
· Obtain and expand tools for clinical application of music in supporting the healing process of Afro-Latinos
· Learn three ways to develop connections with the Afro-Latino community to engage them to receive clinical services and remain involved in therapy
LIMITED TO 15 PARTICIPANTS!
2.5 CE Credit for MFT/LCSW; BBS Provider #PCE 3168