Marie Keller, PhD, LMFT Susan Landon, LMFT
Not until recently have people with transgender and gender diverse experiences been visible in western culture. With increasing knowledge, therapists are
better equipped to support gender diverse people
at various points in their lives.
This presentation will focus on two particular groups
at opposite ends of the continuum, transgender and gender diverse children, along with older adults.
· Clarify terminology and concepts which are foundational to this work
· Explore the psychosexual development of children
· Review developmental trajectories for gender non- conforming children into Adolescence and Adulthood, including best medical and psychological strategies of working with these special youth
· Identify some of the particular challenges and stressors facing transgender individuals as they age
· Address the courage & contribution that older transgender and gender diverse people have made to the growing social awareness of this community
Marie Keller, PhD, LMFT, is the Founder and Director of the Los Angeles Gender Center. She has specialized in gender identity and diversity for over 25 years. In 1992, Marie founded the Los Angeles Gender Center and created a team approach to working with gender diverse clients.
Susan P. Landon, MA, LMFT is the Director of the Child and Adolescent Program of the Los Angeles Gender Center. She provides a welcoming and supportive environment for children, adolescents, and their families to explore the many aspects of diverse gender expression and identity. Susan has a private practice in Santa Monica.
8:30-9am - Networking, Registration, Breakfast
9-9:30am - Membership Meeting & Announcements
9:30-10:30am - Speaker Presentation
10:30-11am - Structured Networking
11:15 -1pm - Board Meeting ~ All Welcome
$10 for SFV-CAMFT chapter members
$20 for non SFV-CAMFT chapter members
Early Bird Online Registration Ends July 19
Add $5 to registration after July 19
If paying at the door, checks only (NO CASH PLEASE)
Please note new policy...if a phone or online RSVP is not received *before* the event, payment at door will double to $20 for members & $40 for non-members
Questions? Email Ingrid Oliansky here
(1.5 CE Credit for MFT/LCSW; BBS Provider #PCE 3168)